Updated: September 19, 2020
What personal information do we collect
When you decide to provide us with your personal information, you agree that such information is sent to and stored on servers located in the United States. We collect the following types of personal information:
Information we collect automatically: When you use our Services and or reply to ads or other content, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your mobile device or other equipment that provides access. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- information from your interaction with our Services, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from https://my-freecycle.web.app, referring URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and
- information we collect through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies.
Information you provide to us: We collect and store any information you enter on our App or that you provide to us when you use our Services. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- information that you provide to us when you register for an account or for the Services that you use;
- additional information that you may provide to us through social media sites or third party Services;
- information about your location and the location of your device, including your device’s unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device.
Information from other sources: We may receive or collect additional information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. This information includes, but is not limited to: demographic data, navigation data, additional contact data and additional data about you from other sources, such as public authorities, to the extent permitted by law.
How we use your personal information
You agree that we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you access to our Services;
- to personalize, measure and improve our Services, content and ads.
Information you share on Freecycle: Our Services allow users to share advertisements and other information with other users, thereby making this shared information accessible to other users. Since our App also enables you to directly contact another user, we recommend that you consider how you share your personal information with others. You are solely responsible for the personal information you share through our Services and therefore we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of the information shared by you with other users.
In case you visit our Services from another device, we strongly recommend that you log off after each session. If you do not want the shared device to remember you and/or your credentials, you will need to remove cookies and/or the history of your visits.
Accessing, reviewing and changing your personal information
We cannot modify your personal information or account information. You can modify your own information by logging into your Freecycle account. If you want to close your account with us, you can do so directly within the App.
Protection and retention of your personal information
We protect your information by using technical and administrative security measures (such as firewalls, data encryption, and physical and administrative access controls to the data and servers) that limit the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration.
We retain personal information no longer than is legally permissible and delete personal information when it is no longer necessary for the purposes as described above.
Abuse and unsolicited commercial communications (“spam”): We do not tolerate abuse of our Services. If you notice that someone is abusing our Services, you can directly report or block him/her in the App.